To make the little design for the next row of my Blooming Nine Patch quilt, I first made the top outline of each square, stitching from left to right. When I got to the far right side of the quilt, I stitched back from right to left and completed the bottom of the outline, as well as the little design in the middle. This was all done in one continuous line with no tying off.
Stitching from right to left, I used the first line of stitching to travel back on, by stitching in the same holes:
Then, using my 90 degree Junior ruler, I stitched the bottom of the outline:
When I got to the other side of this block, leaving the needle in the quilt, I pulled out a circle template and aimed for the center of my chalk lines:
Until this little design emerged:
For this row I've used a light pink Aurifil 40 wt. cotton #2324 on top, with a darker pink #2315 in the bobbin. Both spools were about half empty when I began. Both spools are performing perfectly.
I've chalked the next 2 rows for a zigzag feather. But I'm feeling yucky and so I'll have to try it tomorrow.