This week I've had the pleasure of working on this quilt, which had 12 gorgeously embroidered cowboy boot blocks. The borders were trimmed in Prairie Points, with some scattered strips in the body of the quilt as well.
In order to quilt around and under them, I pinned them back:
And then I quilted a medium meander:
I put the points back down, and proceeded throughout the quilt:
The embroidery on these cowboy boots was the most beautiful I've ever seen!
I stitched around all of the boots, and then went back and highlighted the familiar sections of a cowboy boot. I did not want to quilt on top of or next to the decorative embroidery of the boot shaft. I considered it, but then I realized that the look of her embroidery would've been changed. And I did not want to do that.
The blocks were finished with 2 stars in each tan area, and a squiggly framing stitch in the outer block area:
The past few weeks have been a blur. Somewhere back in time, I finished this pretty quilt using the pantograph "Pipeline" by Patricia Ritter:
The fabric on this quilt was so perfect for this thread:
It's my favorite Madeira Polyneon variegated 40 wt., which I paired with 40 wt. Aurifil cotton in the bobbin. The stitches and the texture were really pretty:
Hidden in the middle of my queue was this gorgeous quilt with stunning Japanese fabrics:
It was a gift for my neighbor from her daughter, and the colors were amazing. I chose to do the pantograph "Lush Leaves" by Lorien, and used Glide 40 wt. Khaki thread on top for a slight shimmer. The bobbin thread was, of course, Aurifil 40 wt. cotton.
Up next is this beautiful, woodsy panel quilt:
The lighting doesn't do justice to the purple fabric my customer used - which matches the maple leaves in the border. I get to do a custom job on this one, and I'm already getting ideas...